#1284: Article on Haiti : Malone recommends

From: david malone <malone@ipacademy.org>

Ian Martin's article (which I reviewed in draft for the Journal of Latin American Studies) is highly authoritative.  I strongly recommend it.  As you may recall, Ian, a former Secretary-General of Amnesty International, played a key role in Haiti mid-decade for the UN on the civilian and human rights front (along with Colin Granderson and Bill O'Neill among others).

David M. Malone
President
International Peace Academy
777 UN Plaza
New York, NY 10017
malone@ipacademy.org
Phone: (212) 687-4526
Fax: (212) 983-8246

From: Elizabeth McAlister <emcalister@mail.wesleyan.edu>

This article came out in Latin American  Studies Journal this week. Sorry,
I don't have a copy but am just reporting it to the group.  Best--Liza
McAlister

JT Journal of Latin American studies.
DA OCT 01 1999 v 31 n 3
PG 711
AU Martin, Ian
TI Haiti: International Force or National Compromise?
SI 0022-216X(19991001)31:3L.711:HIFO;1-

Elizabeth McAlister
Assistant Professor of Religion
Wesleyan University