#1285: Crime : Knowles comments

From: Phil Knowles <Phildk@prodigy.net>

Thoughtful commentary by Mike Burnham. We met this year in Haiti. He knows a
lot about music and cultural influences. I wonder if he is too casual about
drugs and crime  - is it really just that (a) all countries have a criminal
element (b) now the Haitian criminals don't wear Army uniforms ?  My
impression is Haiti has become a very important drug channel. That means (a)
mountains of money  (b) deadly violence over turf, broken deals ,whatever.
The latest example would be the bodies discovered in Mexico.  So IF Haiti
has become an important drug channel, then for me it follows, the crime
level may be increasingly serious.

Phil Knowles