#1550: New Haiti Book, Gillespie comments

From: Gillespie, Richard <rgillespie@towson.edu>

When I first read about "Where Light Speaks: Haiti" on this mailing list I
sent for a copy. I have spent very little time in Haiti, but the time I was
there I was greatly moved by the beauty of the place and the people. I
thought the book might help counteract the negative images of the country
flooding the media. The photographs and poetry have done that and more for
me. I share the book with friends so that they may have some sense of the
why of my fascination with Haiti.

Dick Gillespie