#1607: burnham asks two questions...well, more like eight or nine (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

To the list:

1) Given the large number of organizations that currently function in Haiti,
particularly of the religious ilk, what level of coordination exists between
them? Is there a single organization, or several, that harmonizes the focus
of the various organizations? Do NGO's have to register in Haiti, or can
anyone simply set up a foundation and pursue their version of altruism?  For
example, does Corbett's own People to People (hope i'm correct) coordinate
its efforts with a larger organization, or series of organizations, so that
overlap doesn't occur?
And, if no coordinating organization exists, would it be a good idea to have
one, or a few? Would they be able to work in conjunction with the Haitian
government to complement work in progress or target areas such as education?
Would more coordination be a good, or bad thing?
  I'm counting on the list to disabuse me of the notion that it could be
beneficial.

2) What are the exact dates for carnival this year?

thanks in advance
thor burnham