#1654: Fear Dominates Haiti for 2000 : Harvey comments

From: sean harvey <seanharvey@juno.com>

Does this story scare the rest of you as much as it scares me? To what
extent has Haitian religious culture been already destroyed by
Pentecostalism and related Protestant movements? This cultural
clear-cutting seems just as scary to me as the clear-cutting of the
forests for charcoal. I would be really grateful if any list members with
an interest in this subject would offer their thoughts on whether Vodou
is in danger of extinction, of the extent to which local Pentecostalism
incorporates Vodou practices (a new syncretism?) and what the Haitian
religious landscape will look like in fifty years.

Many thanks.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.