#1895:Re: #1891: U.S. tourist shot dead in Haiti : Poincy responds to earlier comment

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@idt.net>

Zennie,

	You have not made your voice heard in a long time. Today, it does
resonate real loud and I am sure it is well heard and understood.
However, I am afraid it might be in a vacuum. Although we hate what's
going on in Ayiti, we refuse to accept what really causes all these
problems. Today's eagerness to hold a bogus election is a proving point.
To me it is a theatrical play.

	One of the posts outlines that 10000 people are expected to be
elected.  While international friends of Ayiti and Ayitians whom are
defenders of democracy take it to heart as the savior of Ayitian misery,
the candidates themselves could care less and are concerned mainly with
raising their social and financial status. This is why they will go out
of their way to prevent their opponents from even partaking in the
election process.

	The worst is that the masses lack the good judgment to make a good
choice (I don't say the right choice). As long as this situation exists
and democracy is being implemented, we will always have what makes you
hate Ayiti at times. That's quite a disappointment.

	Rather than being objective and see the situation for what it is, we
allow ourselves to feel pity for the tribulation of Ayitians so
observers view us as good humanitarians. Then we will receive all the
bravos to advance our own agenda and popularity. Democracy is the trend
nowadays and everywhere. Almost everyone is a defender of democracy
regardless the harms it may bring to some people.

	By refusing to step out and question democracy to see that it does not
suit Ayiti, we deliberately discount the need to resolve Ayitian
problems. Politics is the least problem and can be left alone. We spend
too much time looking at what the politicians are doing rather than
seeking for practical ways to resolve economic problems and bring food
to the people. As you said, everyone is doing politics.

	To resolve the situation, I favor stopping short the election process,
amend the constitution to abolish popular and direct elections for at
least a generation, make effective an indefinite state of emergency if
need be to make these decisions viable. Meanwhile strict measures would
be put in place to control and guide the people to the well-being they
are seeking for and don't know how to go about getting it.

	No other way can make things better, because the masses need to be
taught discipline, respect for others and themselves, and acquaint them
with the rules of law while planting in them the seed of pride.

	Lastly, I think we pamper Ayitians too much; they become a "rotten kid"
out of control. Whatever, humiliation Ayitians brought onto themselves,
we are ready to make others responsible, protest, march and demand a
better treatment for them. Before jumping all around when these events
occur, wouldn't it make sense to ask why Ayitians are treated that way?
Rather than starting to pound on the perpetrators of the wrongs,
wouldn't it make sense to start questioning the victims' actions
themselves? I think that would leave the passionate or emotional
activism aside to become more objective in resolving the Ayitian
problem.

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb