19035: Brice: RE: 18658: Simidor re Dorce, Chamblain (fwd)

From: Bob Brice <bobbrice@hotmail.com>

I doubt you can call those people"prominent intellectuals" for all they are
(and have shown it so many times) is LITERATE individuals who can read and
write better than some of the illiterate masses. No intellectual would have
done what they've done or trying to do the country. A real intelectual would
have looked at the potential consequences on their actions and act in the
best interest of the country, not their own personal ones. Those people can
barely come up with a plan on their own, let alone support it. They are
unelectable and will never hold office in Haiti if the elections are
democratic meaning left to the people to vote their way without bribery and
outside influences.
Does that mean that I'm lavalas?  Far from it. I personally think that we're
lacking leadership in Haiti and that Aristide should have never been
president. HOWEVER, there were elections and the people of HAITI elected
him. And as such, the "democratic" process should follow its course. Are we
going to be in a CONSTANT state of "democratic learning process" meaning
that whenever the individuals ELECTED do not go the way of a select few that
we're going to call "foul", try to shut down a country and blame its
"leader" for everything that goes bad?
I think that our DEMOCRATIC learning process has already started and that we
should further it and not start anew.
The current government should be allowed to finished its term and every
possible support given to it. For disturbing everything preventing things to
move along only hurts HAITI. The rich are getting richer, and those in power
alongside of them while the country's already quasi inexistant
infrastructure crumbled along with its economy. It's time we stop thinking
of our ego and start focusing about the country.