19060: Vedrine: RE: 19057: Sylvain: Prognosis (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

The situation is quite a political puzzle: what to do with the rebels, the
opposition and Aristide?; what’s the role of the US or where exactly does it
stand exactly? Will the proposed peace process bear fruits? If not, what?
And we can go back to the Haitian saying “Ayiti se tè glise” (Haiti is a
slippery land), in other words, it’s hard to guess what will happen the next
day there (probably more political theatre with the International
Communities [let’s put it in the plural form though it's being led by one
country]. But we know for a fact that some people in Haiti have failed
LEADERSHIP 101, a basic course in Politics Science.

ev