19098: Ives: Re: 19080: Pierre Jean: Re: 19071: Ives: Re: 19069: McCalla: RE: 19064: Fenton: Subject: Haiti: Five facts and One Urgent Appeal (fwd)

From: K. M. Ives <kives@toast.net>

"Pierre Jean" asks:

> has PPN or Mr. Ben Dupuy ever received funds from the
> Aristide or Preval admnistrations... for unknown "activities"
not related to the improvement of the Haitian people's
situation?

No, "Pierre Jean," neither PPN nor Mr. Dupuy have ever received such funds
from the Aristide or Preval administrations, which is no surprise, because,
for most of that time, they have been critics of Lavalas government
policies, as you would know if you followed such matters. (There have also
been many posts on this list which have addressed these differences, which
you can probably find in the archive on Bob's website. Perhaps you should
check there before sending requests for information directly to PPN, which
I'm sure is rather busy right now).

Today, however, the PPN stands four-square against the unfolding coup
attempt and in support of President Aristide serving out the five year term
to which he was legally elected by the Haitian people.

I am tempted to believe your contestable account of your one-man crusade
against corruption, but whatever frustration you think this justifies, it
does NOT warrant Aristide's unconstitutional removal, which you clearly seem
to support.

Kim Ives