19122: Slavin: Re Louis Jodel Chamblain (fwd)

From: PSlavin@unicefusa.org

Re the press reports that Louis Jodel "JoJo" Chamblain is alleged to have
been involved with the 1987 election violence - to the best of my knowledge
this biographical detail was not reported when he was the Don of FRAPH with
Emmanuel "Toto" Constant. Can folks explain where this information is
coming from? Also, other press reports have it that Chamblain was a
sergeant in the Haitian army - I have the same questions.

Lastly, can someone pls remind me what position Chamblain had in Aristide
One - the 1991 Administration? If my memory cells are right, he had a
government position then - maybe at City Hall or one of the ministries.

Thanks for the help.

Patrick