19165: PIerre JEan: On PPN and its uncommon privileges in time of "Civil War" (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean2004@yahoo.com>

I thought I would ask Kim Ives some questions relating
to the operating mode of PPN in Port-au-Prince today:

1. As Kim Ives knows, following the July 28, 2001
"attempted coup" at the Academie Militaire, the Police
forbade all but police and government vehicles from
having tinted windows. Can Ives or anyone from PPN
tell us whether it is true that PPN has obtained an
unusual police authorization to have the windows of
two of its vehicles, a Mitusbishi Montero and a
Mitsubishi pick-up truck, tinted?

2. Can Kim Ives tell us whether PPN members are using
weapons for protection that are duly registered with
the Police? Since all private gun permits were
"canceled" by Jean-Gerard Dubreuil back in late 2003,
can Kim Ives explain how PPN members are still in
possession of these weapons today?

3. Finally can Kim Ives enlighten us on the most
recent date when a member of the PPN hierarchy met
with President Aristide personally?

Mr. Ives has never hesitated to answer all questions,
no matter how tough, so I am sure that he will be able
to shed some light on these issues for us.