19160: Laleau --19119: radtimes

NLaleau@aol.com

If Haitian workers are to be armed, I guess the arms will have to go to
Miami,
New York, and Boston... this is where truly significant numbers of
Haitians
have jobs and  workers' organizations capable of making decisions based on
common interest (check the unemployment rate in Haiti--80% or something
like
it?).. I know there are workers in Haiti--in fact everybody is working
just to
stay alive one way or another--and that there are even unions and
syndicates
and associations. But I seriously doubt that your article reflects
reality, in
that what you are calling "workers" are more likely "urban poor" and
"rural
poor." Your article and analysis are pretty good, but please, drop the
rhetoric
and face reality. --nancy laleau