19217: Pierre Louis: Just events (fwd)

From: "[iso-8859-1] Bébé Pierre Louis " <moibibi8@hotmail.com>

As the Kafou area was very hot last night, I decided to have a safe sleep at
some friend’s house who live just outside of Port-au-Prince suburbs, not far
from Route Nationale No 2.

I had a hard time sleeping since dogs in the neighborhood barked all night
long. As I decided to get up at “pipirit chantan”, it was explained to me
that all the hush-hush was due to “chime” erecting barricades on the road. A
lot of gun shots were heard at daybreak and suddenly (one or two hours
later) everything seemed back to normal. Trucks and cars were zooming by,
blowing their loud horns and the dogs were quiet, probably getting some
sleep.

As I was enjoying some delicious aka100, I asked some more questions and it
was explained to me by local residents that it was just some chimeres from
the neighborhood who had put up the barricades to stop cars, taptaps, and
trucks from the provinces, etc. People were meticulously search by them to
steal their goods, money and everything of some value. Having gotten enough
stuff for the day, the chimeres had just cleared the road.

This is neither politics nor philosophy, this is the daily REALITY, my dear
friends. As I listened to the radio, I heard that this happened in the city
too, at many intersections. The airport had to be closed; no one could have
access to it. The intersection of Nazon-Delmas had a lot of shootings and
Tabarre was completely barricaded.

I wonder what some readers have to say about this… about a lawless land, a
powerless president and some millions of defenseless sisters and brothers,
hostages and daily victims. I can't refrain from thinking of the government
propaganda slogan: "nou pa maron ankň...", if you have no big arms and care
for your life, you are today's "maron"...

Bébé PL