19295: Dorce: Re: 19295: Raber: Re: 19288: Walton: RE:A Lack Of Political Will (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 2/26/04 5:24:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, Raber writes:

<< I already wrote to my senator (Mike DeWine of Ohio who has been to Haiti
 many times).  Anybody can easily do the same by going to their senator's or
 representative website.  There is usually a "contact" icon you click on and
 you write the letter.  They also give you a regular address to write to. >>
Excellent idea, I called my two senators and congressman plus the State
Department and urged them all to support Democracy in Haiti, NOW.  That is what we
stand for, no?  I do not want US military intervention in Haiti; it costs
Haiti too much.  But I do want us to stop supporting anyone and anything that
means to destroy the government in Haiti.  If another country was doing to the US
what the US is doing in Haiti, they would be in Guantanamo and no one would
know if they were dead or alive.  Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder.

Kathy Dorce~