19298: Raber: Re: 19294: Esser: Re: 19279: Dreyfuss: RE: 19264: Slavin: (Kurtzban) H Rebels US Ops (fwd)

From: P&M Raber <raber@valkyrie.net>

>D. Esser torx@joimail.com writes:

"Apaid's nationality is in the end up to Haitian law and not Joel
> Dreyfuss' sentiments about it. Yes, Apaid gave work to Haitians in
> his sweatshops. I sincerely hope that you do not consider sweatshops
> as gifts to Haiti and it's people."

A number of Aristide top officials are American citizen.  This issue is
clearly one of trying to gain control by dividing along racial/socialclasses
(diviser pour regner).  I would LOVE to go to Apaid's factory and interview
his workers.  How many are willing to quit their jobs?   There is not much
out there.  Virtually all jobs in Haiti are the equivalent of a sweatshop
job (except government jobs).  The entire Disney boycott left many without
the means to feed their families.   The government need to clean up its act
first in order for factories to be able to compete against other countries
and workers to be able to risk their jobs by asking for better pay.  A
business owner has to produce his own electricity (very expensive
generators) at no tax advantage and later must bribe at every lebvel to get
phone lines, and containers in and out of the country.

" Are
> Haitians taking to the high seas right now because of street gangs,
> or is it because they have seen the opposition's armed wing rampaging
> before? "

They are taking to the seas because the chimere have started randomly
attaccking and ransoming.  Just take a peak at Port-au-Prince right now.
The rats are grabbing all the grain they can before the regime goes down.
Kind of a last meal before the gas chamber.   Personally I am opposed to ALL
the violence and think the FRAPH people are not much different than the
chimere    This is why if the political opposition would have taken the
Caricom deal, they would just inherit the violence up North.  Aristide
resigning is the only thing that would make the rebels lay down their arms
(they say).  Why didn't Aristide accept a similar deal when the Cantholic
church proposed it a few months ago?   His behavior is not unlike that of my
strong-willed 4 year old when I have given time-out, taken away privilieges
and the bad behaviior continues.   Only the threat of a spanking (or an
actual swat) gets tome results.

As far as the bourgoisie is concerned, they are everyone's scapegoat for all
the ill of the country just like the United States is the reason for the
entire world's problems right now.  Never mingdif given a chance, most of
the developing world would move to the United States in a heart beat and not
too many leftist living in the United States are moving to China an Cuba.
Either all people are evil by wanting to become one of the bad guys or we
are just dealing with envy.