19316: Wharram re. Cayes has not fallen (fwd)

From: Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>

After hearing that Cayes had fallen to rebels last night, I e-mailed our
nurse friend in Dariol, which is on the south coast between Aquin and
Jacmel, and just received this reply.  I had also heard that the rebels were
in Cotes de Fer, just a few miles west of Dariol, but Sam didn't address
that point.

"They are exagerating terribly. Cayes is restive but not taken over. Im
listening to Radio Lumiere AT THIS MOMENT. pRAY THE OTHER COUNTRIES WILL
INTERVENE.  LOVE    SAM"

This seems to be a continuing problem with the "corporate" media.  I reading
an AP story by my "favorite" Mike Norton regarding Les Cayes who said,
"...the rebels freed about 67 prisoners in Mirebalais, about 25 miles
southeast of Port-au-Prince, witnesses said."  Mr. Norton, if you would
refer to a map of Haiti, you would see that Mirebalais is "northeast" of
Port au Prince, not southeast.