19378: Raber: Re: 19300: Esser: Re: 19298: Raber: Re: 19294: Esser: Re: 19279: Dreyfuss: RE: 19264 (fwd)

From: P&M Raber <raber@valkyrie.net>

Aristide does many things by using other to do the dirty job for him,
including getting criminal released out of jail.  It would not surprise me
if most of the "criminals" released had been sitting in jail for many months
for petty stuff without ever being brought in front of  judge and without
proof.  I know of a number of people who spent months in jail on accusations
only.   One boy had supposedly stolen a radio.  It turned out that the
neighborhood thief was eventually caught and admitted to having hidden the
radio in the boys's latrine.   The big criminals get released or detained by
phone calls from the top.  Prosper Avril got detained even thought there
were judge orders that he be released.  Soem drug dealers were release once
( made the US embassador very mad) without judge's orders.  Who  had such
authority?

As far as the sex for job, it's all over Haiti escept that it usually is not
to keep a job but to feed children supper for ONE NIGHT.  I have gotten
quite a number of ladies on five year birth control and gotten a few  that
had many kids by different men convinced to get their tubes tied.  Some died
of AIDS.  One was hanged by one of the man who fed her children for sex
(that sucker got burnt alive when they found her body).  Anital Hill and
Clarence Thomas had this sex thing going too.  It is a man problem more than
a country problem.  But I agree with you that it goes on a lot in Haiti over
jobs because the country is in such bad condition.  I must say thought that
some of the women will on purpose get pregnant by a surpervisor to try and
secure future income.  I kept telling them that after child 4 or five they
should get a clue that the men will not live up to it.  However, if the
country situation in GENERAL was better, there would be much less of this.
The factory owners  and their paltry few thousand jobs are not responsible
for the state of the country.  Let's start reform at the top with zero
tolerance for corruption and sexual misconduct on adult and CHILDREN

As far as the breakdown of law, it is completely the result of the man in
charge mismanaging the country with the end result of total loss of control.
If you can't control the country you are in charge of, then you must let
someone else take over.  If you look at US history, Chicago, New York and so
on USED the likes of Rockefeller, Ford, Fields, to develop the country.   It
was not always pretty and deals were also made with the mafia but the end
result was a joint venture of  government and people with investment capital
moving the country forward.  It will never be possible to be faultless but
Chaos can easily be avoided by common sense.  If Aristide had common sense
he would have already joined his daughters in Miami.  A couple of months
ago, I would have favored a compromised allowing him to share power and stay
to reelection to teach a point.  Now though he will have blood on his hands
if he stays.   God forbid FRAH gets into the palace and kill him. They could
play the cruel joke of keeping his coffin in the palace until February 7,
2006.  These people cannot be allowed to take Port-au-Prince.  The French
and Americans will not go fight them they say.  Teh police flew the coop.
What are the choices?   Aristide's private security maybe?

As