19431: Re: 19389: Esser: Re: 19325: Pierre Louis: Re: 19299: loveayiti responds to esser (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean2004@yahoo.com>

Esser writes:
> Who did create the
> current climate? I hope if your answer is Aristide,
> which I suspect,
> you have some facts to add to this "true account of
> facts".

Lemme see:

+ Burning barricades are set up all over town by young
men repeating the Mantra: "Aristide for 5 years, if
you don't like it, then Aristide for 10 years"

+ Same young men for the most part are armed with
guns, mostly small caliber 38's or 9mms, some with Uzi
submachine guns, and even a couple with Galils. They
don't wear PNH uniforms. I guess they are the
spontaneous vanguard that is out to protect democracy
in a legal way.

+ Same young men ransom drivers at random and steal
whatever is in the car, meanwhile flashing small
pictures of Aristide (cult of personality, anyone?)
Try the following places to see whether you can come
out unscathed: corner of Lalue and Nazon, Ave
Christophe,Bourdon and intersection of Delmas 60
(until last night), entrance of Juvenat residential
area on Route du Canape-Vert just for a start

+ Widespread looting is led by armed men under the
complacent eye of the remaining police. Do they have
orders to not intervene? If so, who issued these
orders?

+ Most shocking of all, it is not just supermarkets
and shipping terminals that are looted. (That is
understandable, even if its not to be condoned. After
all, people are poor and starving.) But:
 - when the Diquini Hospital is ransacked,
 - when armed men (unidentified, of course) enter the
Canape-Vert Hospital looking for Pierre Elie Sem - of
Radio Hispaniola in Trou-du-Nord) who is in critical
condition after being shot 3 times by Naoum Marcellus'
goons - so that they can "finish him off"
 - when the Haitian administrator of a secondary
school headed by American missionaries is raped at
gunpoint by some more men manning a barricade (try the
Route de Santo around Santo 7 the day before last)
 - when an ORPHANAGE is pillaged and the orphans
thrown out on the street with nothing on their back
 - when the house of the Mangones family is ransacked
and the library and artifacts basically destroyed

then I would ask Esser:

- are these acts orchestrated by the Opposition so
that they can make Aristide and Lavalas look bad, as
Rene Civil and Paul Raymond have been asserting over
the Radio Ti Moun airwaves since yesterday?

- If that is the case, then why don't these armed
bands of the Opposition just go get Titid and
Moumouche at the National Palace or at Tabarre? Their
numerical and weapon superiority is so obvious that
they don't need the FRAPH guys waiting outside the
capital

- once he recovers from this temporarty loss of
control, should Aristide employ all the means
available to arrest and try the men who have pillaged,
raped and killed during this two-day crime orgy?