19436;: Severe: Fire the Haitian Political Class (fwd)

From: Constantin Severe <csevere@hotmail.com>

Hey,
Well I get it now. Messrs. Baker and Apaid have finally prevailed upon me
the wisdom of the "civil" opposition. No Aristide= No Problem. The moment
Aristide resigns the literacy rate will become 95%, the population will have
access to clean water and energy, all the bare mountains will
instantaneously sprout old growth hardwood forests. The great earthquake
that leveled Sans Souci--- all Aristide's fault. God was preemptively
displaying his displeasure with the eventual rule of M. Aristide. How do I
know, because I know and I've been quoted in AP and Reuters, so its gotta be
true.  Most damning of all Haiti's World Cup defeat in 1974 is all the fault
of... never mind.

So it's gotten to this point. Aristide's on his way out and Philippe's on
his way. Looting, Brazen Murders, and Assaults. All of this could of been
avoided if our supposed political class had removed their heads out of their
behinds and actually behaved as the leaders they claimed to be. Aristide
long ago lost any credibility he had by his misrule. When the most recent
opposition demonstrations started a few months back, I have to admit I had
some hope that it could turn into something that would bring positive change
to the country.  So a lot of 184 members are rich or light skinned. Whupty
do. People peacefully demonstrating in the street is preferable to an
insurgency. Frankly, I care a whole lot more about what Apaid or even dare I
say it, Oliver Nadal think about the Haitian situation than Maxine Water or
any other loco lefty politician.  I hoped the marches would turn into a
broad based nationwide organization that could eventually contest Lavalas in
upcoming elections. So what's the opposition's plan for the future? The
deafening silence is where the opposition has left it. No plans, no ideas
outside of Aristide's departure.  It doesn't even look like they can agree
on who is supposed to lead after Aristide leaves.
                                              So long for now,
                                                               Constantin

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S.
locations. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx