19459: Phil: Sunday Morning (fwd)

From: Phil <phildk@prodigy.net>

 Guy Philippe said he wanted to enter PAP on his birthday - today. I
 wonder if he will come down from Cap. I think he turns 28 - maybe 29 -
 today.  He has said he does not want to be President - just wants
 Aristide to go.

Whatever, the news is  - so far, to me - it's wonderful.  Unless Apaid
 tries to capture the government now -  if the constitutional process is
 able to work  (I believe the Chief Justice becomes head of government in
 case the President dies or is incapacitated, etc.) - we can't say how
 things will change, but for the moment there shouldn't be more killing
 and looting  - - - let's hope the US and France will make an effort to
 smooth and support the new government.

Phil