19461: Labrom: Re news from Haitian radio

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

I had problems with my computer this morning and this is why my friend
sent the news out to you all.

I hope you got it all OK - ARISTIDE HAS GONE!!! To Sto. Domingo to ask
asylum off some country, but who knows who.

Evans Paul (ancien mayor) - Opposition has just been on Radio Metropole
asking CIMO (the SWAT team) and the police to keep order in the streets
and protect the schools, business, radio & TV stations. He asked the
chimè not to loot and burn places, but to keep order. Now we don't know
what's going to happen as far as governing is concerned although they
are saying that the Intl. Comm. Will probably ask the Opposition to put
one or two people in with the Govt and the designated leader - who is
Head of the Supreme court and rule together for the interim.

Good news - but also mixed news.  We'll now see if they Opposition can
stay united for the good of the country. No comment yet from the Rebels.

I'm keeping indoors today.

Best to you all - let's hope the governing council - whoever, can get in
straightaway and sort things out.

Jacqui

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753