19470: Dorce: Re: 19452: Raber: Now that Aristide is gone.... (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 2/29/04 5:46:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, Raber writes:

<< Whether he left of not, he will eventually leave.  I am urging all of you
on
 this list from the extreme left to the extreme right to call your
 representatives and senators to ask that Haiti's foreign debt be forgiven
 whenever the next acceptable government takes office. The payment of the
 debt is a cannon ball for any government.  Bush is out getting countries to
 forgive billions to Iraq.  Haiti relatively tiny debt should be easy to wipe
 clean.   In addition, all those on this list should lobby so that money not
 be lent to Haiti for the next 5 years so.  Haiti needs GRANTS not loans at
 this point.    While Hati in all over the headlines, let's get this issue on
 the table.  IT is probably more important than who actually will lead the
 country right now.   In the long run it will be the deciding factor of
 whether the next government sinks or swim. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks a big pile for pitching this after Aristide is gone.

[Corbett interjects:  The note Kathy refers to was sent in to me
yesterday.   I didn't post many messages last evening, so I was just
catching up messages.  Thus the note came in BEFORE Aristide left the
country.]

Dorce continues:

So you want the
next guy not to be saddled with crippling debt so they can run the country as
it should be run.....so nice of you.  I guess that little problem didn't have
anything to do with Aristide's failure to perform.  Maybe next time the
president will be lighter skinned and taller with finer features.  That's always
nice.  So our democracy lesson for the day is, if you belong to the wealthy
class....or are its toady, you may burn, piillage and kill your way across the
country and oust an unattractive (not meaning looks alone) democratically elected
president.

I do hope all of you who wished for this to happen are happy.  Now you will
see the coffers open because the US always gets what its after.  The US isn't
smarter or better than everyone else....but it sure as hell is stronger.

Now we can turn back to posting nice, pleasant little stories about sipping
rhum punches on the veranda and how cute the little school children look in
their uniforms.  Tea anyone?

Bon chance,

Kathy Dorce~

P.S.  I don't think my representatives listen to me as they certainly didn't
do anything to help this situation (just a bunch of poor black people
anyway)...so you'll excuse me if I don't ask for help now....don't worry, I'm sure
you'll get all the money you want now that the thorn is gone.  I hope the people
stop suffering soon, don't you?