19477: Erzilidanto: The US has pulled a coup d'etat in Haiti by Father Michael Graves in Haiti (fwd)

From: Erzilidanto@aol.com

FROM FATHER MICHAEL GRAVES IN HAITI

Dear Friends,

   This message is mainly addressed to two contact

persons in the USA State Government; the two names

listed first. I am sending copies to you so that you

will have a better idea of what is going on in Haiti,

and who has caused it.

Dear Messrs. Tilghman and Connell,

   Greetings to you from Haiti on this MOST unhappy

day. Pressure from the USA...a supposed bastion of

democracy, has finally caused the fall of the fragile

democracy in Haiti. Action by the USA has finally

allowed the murderous thugs of the rebel army in the

north of our country to rejoice in believing that they

have won; that they have caused President Aristide to

leave. I can't believe that MY country (I am a US

citizen and have been an Orthodox missionary priest in

Haiti for 18 years!) has used its brute force to

topple the elected president of Haiti. I simply can't

believe it! This is a sad day for me, and it will

prove to be an extremely sad day for the USA since

they will be blamed for the catastrophe, not only by

Haitians, but by supporters of democracy throughout

the world.

   Fortunately for me, I am well-known in Haiti by the

Haitians and they will not associate my US citizenship

with the recent activities of the US Government. But,

believe me, for the first time in my life (which is 69

years) I am embarrassed and somewhat ashamed of being

associated with the present government of the USA.

   There are many persons in the USA that are opposed

to numerous activities by their government, but they

have not risen as rebels, nor called upon a foreign

government to help them rid the country of President

Bush. There are serious questions regarding the

validity of Bush's election, but there has not been an

attempt to overthrow him. (Even though many would

support such a move!) The USA is a supposed democracy,

and in a democracy the voice of the people; the voice

of the majority rules the day. We must wait for the

end of the term of George Bush to be rid of him; we

cannot merely "push him out".

   But believe me, this "one-term" President Bush will

go down in history as not only having gained his

position under much questioning and suspicion, but as

the one who accepted and believed much information

which was slanted and biased. (eg: WMD's in Iraq and

the unpopularity of Aristide in Haiti.)

   Believe me, my friends, the US government has made

a serious error today. It has allowed the murderers

and convicted thugs to "win their battle", and there

will be bloodshed, one way or another. Maybe there are

those in Secretary Powell's crowd that believe they

have saved Haiti from a bloodbath, but they will soon

see that they were terribly incorrect. I live in one

of the safer areas and the shooting and looting has

already begun. I could not get out to conduct church

services this morning because of thugs running up and

down in front of our house firing rifles. Some of the

faithful members of our congregation were scared and

had to take cover and run home. This has been caused

by the USA as a result of its acting on false

information from those who wish to continue their

illicit activities under the protection of the

Haitian government....and now under the protection of

the US Government!

   To put it succinctly: THE USA HAS PULLED A COUP

D'ETAT ON HAITI! Other coups (and I have lived through

many)in Haiti were pulled by opposition politicians

and military leaders, but this one was pulled by the

US Government.

   Shame, shame. Many human lives will be lost as a

result of this coup, and the blame is on your

shoulders.

   Father Michael Graves in Haiti

******