19486: anonymous: 19478: Wharram Re: A letter President Bush: (fwd)

I don't understand how all of a sudden, everybody is blaming the US for this event.  A week ago all we were hearing was that the US was not involved enough with it.   France was urging the President to step down.    We finally got involved and agreed with France's assessment, assisted in making it possible, and now we bear the brunt of the event.   It makes no sense.   We cannot win.   Either we're too hands off or too hands on.  I think that certain people on this list blame the US for too many things.    It's time for people to take responsibility for their own actions.  The US only facilitated what the International community was screaming for.    And we get all the blame.   It makes no sense to me.

end of quote