19530: Corbett: New list policy: no warnings on personal attacks

>From Bob Corbett

Folks, these are times in which emotions and feelings are high.  On
Thursday and Friday I posted 100 notes a day.  Yesterday the number was
down to closer to normal.  Today is again high.

In addition to that work I have had to take lots of time to respond to
people whose posts contained personal attacks, and then to argue with them
over that.

I am just tired of those fights and I QUIT.  This is the new policy
and I will follow it fully:

I WILL NOT POST ITEMS WHICH ATTACK LIST MEMBERS PERSONALLY FOR WHAT THEY
POST ON THE LIST.

Period.

This means if someone posts on the list and you respond you can disagree
with their ARGUMENT and POSITION 100%; all you want.  I don't care what
argument one makes.

But the argument must be about the issues which concern Haiti.  If you
attack the PERSON in even the most remote way -- name calling,
addressing them personally in unflattering manners, telling them what
they should or should do, virtualy anything at all that even slightly
touches the PERSON and not the issues then:

I WILL DELETE THE POST AND WILL NOT NOTIFY YOU AT ALL.

This does not refer to public personalities (unless they PERSONALLY have
posted on the list, then THAT POST is protected by my policy), and it does
not refer to people who publish ELSEWHERE.  This is simply to protect
POSTERS TO THIS LIST from being personally attacked for their posts.  It
also does not apply to ANONYMOUS posts since there is no person to
protect.

It is a list policy to ensure civility of exchange.  If you don't like the
policy fine.  Just get off the list.  It is not up for discussion.  I
won't post personal attacks and I won't bother arguing with anyone about
it.

No longer will I write you.  I'll just delete the post and move on.

All discussion and disagreement with POSITIONS TAKEN by anyone on the list
are welcome.

Bob Corbett