19554: Ryan: RE: 19544: radtimes: President Aristide Says 'I Was Kidnapped' "Tell The World It Is A Coup' (fwd)

From: Tim Ryan <timgoblue@altelco.net>

Aristide is probably making comments about being kidnapped to set the
stage for him to return and run for president at a later date.  What
better way to keep his base intake while he is away then with a
conspiracy theory.  Aristide's kidnap story is very unfortunate for
Haiti because it will do little to help Haiti move forward but only to
add fuel to the fire.  I did not dislike Aristide but I felt he did the
right thing in leaving Haiti for the good of the country that he loved.

Aristide is gone and now is the time to rebuild.