=?x-unknown?q?19553=3A__Re=3A_19544=3A=A0_radtimes=3A=A0_Presid?==?x-unknown?q?ent_Aristide_Says_'I_Was_Kidnapped'_?=

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

Just like Humpty Dumpty said he was pushed.

It is   a little late for a man:
who had so little trust of his own people that he had to hire a foreign
security force
who asked for foreign intervention for the second time in less than ten years

who thought he would outsmart everyone by speaking softly to foreigners and
yelling at his people
who thought his friends should parrot everything he said
who kept all of the Haitian people from feeling the pride of 1804 in 2004

I hope all of us Haitians learn a lesson in humility.   We cannot continue to
think of ourselves as being apart from the world.  We do have to figure out
what working in the new world order means for our dignity and pride, and for
peaceful growth.   We need to forget about looking for band-aids to cover our
cancerous sores.

I suggest again that the French build a Cite Universitaire in Gonaives
because if all of the energy put into rebellion was put into intellectual pursuits,
we would have some nobel prizes come from the children of Gonaives.   (The
French are not willing to pay 21 billion but are willing to put in a one time
gesture of 100 milliion into Haiti to celebrate 2004)

For readers who don't know Humpty Dumpty it is an American children's riddle:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses
All the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

(Humpty Dumpty is an egg)