19568: Esser: AFP: Aristide Didn't Resign... (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

Narconews

AFP: Aristide Didn't Resign...

By Al Giordano,
Posted on Sun Feb 29th, 2004 at 04:23:28 PM EST

According to Agence France Press:

A man who said he was a caretaker for the now exiled president told
France's RTL radio station the troops forced Aristide out.

"The American army came to take him away at two in the morning," the
man said.

"The Americans forced him out with weapons.

"It was American soldiers. They came with a helicopter and they took
the security guards.

"(Aristide) was not happy. He did not want to be taken away. He did
not want to leave. He was not able to fight against the Americans..."

First newspaper to run with this is in Australia.

Now, his own foreign minister was on CNN earlier today confirming the
resignation. But, come to think of it, we haven't seen any
resignation letter, we haven't seen or heard audio or video from
Aristide since he supposedly "resigned" and...

...that's exactly what happened two years ago in the first hours of
the Venezuela coup. The press said the president had resigned, when
he had been kidnapped.
.