19677: Vilaire: Re: 19657: Leiderman: automated Haitian NGO's? (fwd)

From: Vilaire@aol.com

Mr. Leiderman writes:
" I only personally know two people affiliated with HSG, Ron Daniels in New
York and Mawiyah Duperval in Florida who are both energetic and dedicated
workers for Haitian causes.  they customarily identify their work and views, so it
was that much more curious when I couldn't find anyone's name on the HSG
website. "

Mr. Leiderman, you have confounded the Haiti Support Project (HSP), which is
chaired by Dr. Ron Daniels and the Haiti Support Group (HSG), which is headed
by Charles Arthur and is based in London, England. Both groups have been
around for about 10 years now and are both quite public and "above board" about
their actions and activities. I've had the pleasure of collaborating with HSG
over the past 10 years on a couple of projects, including the publication of the
anthology "LIBETE" to which I contributed a piece. As for the HSP, I'm a proud
member of the board of directors and working in collaboration with many,
including fellow board member Mawiyah Duperval, to organize the cruise "Cruising
Into History" to celebrate Haiti's bicentennial. You can get information on
that initiative and the organization by visiting the website at
"www.cruisingintohistory.org"

Regards,
Marx-Vilaire