19708: (Hermantin)Sun-Sentinel-Help, not new leader, is needed (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Help, not new leader, is needed

Sonite Laurore
Hartford, Conn.
Posted March 3 2004

I'm disappointed with the United States and its leaders. The resignation of
President Aristide was not worth it. Haiti needs help with its economic
crisis as well as its political crisis, not the removal of a president from
office.

The Haitian people had put up with injustice by the old military regime for
so long, bring them back to power again; seems as if what they were doing
all these years was perfect.

As a young Haitian woman, I deeply know it has always been our dream to have
a leader who cares for us, who respects and loves us and who looks out for
our best interests. Aristide was that type of leader.

Haiti, as small as it is, played a big role in the stereotype state of mind.
The rich held Haiti and the poor hostage by not sharing nor helping with
what they have. Aristide was against such a tyranny; hence the rich hated
him, yelling out "corruption"; yet the U.S. heard their faked crying and
rescued them -- by sending Aristide away.

I am waiting to see what type of solution they will come out with, since
they thought of themselves as the world's best diplomat.

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!