19709:(Hermantin)Sun-Sentinel-Money, power corrupted Aristide (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Money, power corrupted Aristide

Jeffrey Hoppe
sunrise
Posted March 3 2004

Good riddance, Mr. Aristide.

Haiti has to qualify as the worst human and environmental disaster the world
has seen in a long time. Haiti's people have been suffering for scores of
years while Aristide and his corrupt cronies prance around in their posh
suits and eat like kings. This is a shame.

This sorry excuse for a goverment has done nothing for its people or the
country. Aristide bails out of the country looking for asylum while his
country is in chaos.

I could not believe the satellite photos of Haiti in your article a few
weeks ago. There isn't a tree left on the Haitian side of the island. How
will this island support a good quality of life?

It's going to take another 200 years for Haiti and its people to pull the
country out of this mess Aristide created.

Also with respect to another politician calling the Bush administration
"racist" on the Haitian issue, that is just ignorant and offensive. I would
like to see her resignation. Anyone who pulls the race card is the real
racist. Get over it, people. Can we ever move on?

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx