19771: Brice: RE: 19725: Damages in Haiti (fwd)

From: Bob Brice <bobbrice@hotmail.com>

I'd like to make a simple request that we stop with the hatred and focus on
the positive. As a group, haitians very rarely (read never) assume
responsibilities for their actions, deficiencies and mistakes. If we don't
acknowledge our mistakes, we're bound to repeat them and nor learn from
them.Thus no progression. We need constructive inputs and actions for HAITI
(the country). No longer "Haiti aux plus capables" OR "Haiti aux plus
nombreux", but "HAITI for EVERYONE, for all and by all".
Aristide is gone. Anybody with a shred of common sense can deduct that he
had no hand in the chaos and destruction that followed his exit. Do you have
any potent proof that he personally instructed anyone of those individuals
to go out there and create chaos? It's time we learn to respect our leaders
whether we like and agree with them or not. The guy is gone. Let's not blame
him for something that seems to be a part of HAITI's socio-political
culture.
Wouldn't it be better if we could allocate our energy and effort toward
coming up with possible ways to help out. Let's put our heads together and
come up with constructive ways to start some micro processes that would
enable select groups to effectuate some progressive changes in HAITI. Let's
help strengthen existing groups already operating there and improve on them.
PLEASE let's have a discussion and ways to HELP, on HOW to help and on WHAT
MORE we can do.