19791: NJSTARR: CARICOM's Reaction rather questionable! (fwd)

From: NJSTARR <derrickj66@yahoo.com>

It seems that the CARICOM leaders along with the Black Caucus are much more concerned about Arisitde's well being than they are concerned with the detruction of the country.
Jamaican Prime Minister P.J. Patterson said CARICOM was "extremely
disappointed" at the involvement of "Western partners" in the hasty
departure of Aristide.
Patterson does not want CARICOM to participate in multinational force to Haiti until a thourough investigation has been conducted on  Aristide's claim of kidnapping.
Is CARICOM genuinely interested in helping the Haitian people or do they have a hidden agenda?
I agree that the Marines should have intervined much sooner, which would have prevented the destruction we have all witnessed.
Though Haiti needs all the help it can get, I honestly believe that CARICOM'a absence in this UN force will not be an handicap to Haiti's reconstruction.
They have watched Haiti sink into chaoes under Aristide and their so-called "Haitian's initiatives" were never taken seriously by Aristide. That did not seem to bother them at all.
If CARICOM wants to assist HAITI, the Haitian people will gladly accept, but if they choose to partner with the Black Caucus on some hidden agenda, I think they are waisting their time.

derrickj66@yahoo.com