19796: Esser: Haitian Consul General Says Aristide Still President (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2004
EXCLUSIVE: Haitian Consul General Says Aristide Still President

Segment:
http://stream.realimpact.net/rihurl.ram?file=webactive/demnow/
dn20040303.ra&start=36:26.8
Show: http://www.archive.org/download/dn2004-0303/dn2004-0303-1.mp3
Watch 128k stream:
http://play.rbn.com/?url=demnow/demnow/demand/2004/march/128/
dn20040303a.rm&proto=rtsp&start=36:26.8

In a Democracy Now! exclusive, Consul General of the Haitian
government in New York Harry Fouche recognizes the Aristide
government as legitimate saying Jean Bertrand Aristide is still
president of Haiti and Yvon Neptune is still his prime minister.

• Harry Fouche, Consul General of the Haitian government in New York.

EXCERPT OF TRANSCRIPT:

Amy Goodman: Harry Fouche, as the Consul General of the Haitian
government in New York, do you still recognize the authority of
President Jean Bertrand Aristide?

Harry Fouche: Well, let me put it you to this way - Yvon Neptune is
still the prime minister. Yvon Neptune was chosen by President
Aristide.

Amy Goodman: Does that mean that Jean Bertrand Aristide is the
President?

Harry Fouche: Yes, for practical purposes.

Amy Goodman: Let me end with Harry Fouche, the Consul General of
Haiti in New York. Are you afraid for your country?

Harry Fouche: Well certainly. Everything that you have heard
described, you know, brings fear to us, and also brings terror to the
country, so we are hoping common sense and a sense of justice and a
sense of fairness will prevail, so actions will be taken quickly to
remove these sinister characters from positions of - that they are
occupying now, where they are terrorizing the country.

To purchase an audio or video copy of this entire program, click here
for our new online ordering or call 1 (800) 881-2359.
.