19830: (Chamberlain) re 19821 Vander-Zaag, Orenstein (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> From: Ray Vander-Zaag <rvanderzaag@cmu.ca>

> The current figures on the USAID website (for FY2002) indicate 6% of $54
> million (or $3.2 million) was allocated to the 'democracy' sector.
> Of course, there may be other channels of aid.

Now let's try and break that figure down further.  Or are people not very
interested and much keener to just assume that it all went to the
opposition to buy expensive suits, flashy jeeps, shopping trips to Miami or
other luxuries, so we can confirm our heart-warming prejudices?  So, what
is "the democracy sector" ?  Let's have some sober, clear, factual details.

                Greg Chamberlain