19920: Laleau: Re: 19861: Auguste: RE: Hyppolite Pierre: Now that Aristide is gone (fwd)

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Kesney -- Well, maybe you have a point, but I don't think so
unfortunately. I think the thousands of Haitians in the diaspora will go back only when
they see the possibility of building a future for Haiti and for themselves...
Many did indeed go back in 1994-95 when they thought they could do something
for/with Haiti. I personally know of some who took their life savings and tried
to build something to help Haiti but were frozen out by the administration --
could never get the permits they needed, postponements, etc. and finally went
back broke to the US to start all over again... maybe there are others who
managed to stay. It would be interesting to hear from them all. --nancy laleau