19932: Antoine: Re: 19908: US to pay Haitian Coast Guard to curb refugees (fwd)

From: Guy S. Antoine <webmaster@haitiforever.com>

Question: Has the U.S. ever, I mean "E-V-E-R", at any point
in its history, stopped the flow of refugees from Western Europe
headed towards its shore, for either political or economic reasons?

Oh yeah... I seem to remember an instance (was it during World
War II) that they forcefully diverted a boat of persecuted Jewish
people from coming to America. What was the ultimate outcome
of that episode?

Now the U.S. wants to pay Haitians to stop Haitians who may be
seeking to save their lives. In this sort of ideology, backed up by
the might of the United States Armed Forces, how many Haitian
lives would balance the loss of life of ONE American? Hundreds?
Thousands? Tens of thousands?

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti
http://haitiforever.com