20000: Corbett: Yikes, 1,000 messages in 14 days.

>From Bob Corbett

Folks,  The crisis in Haiti has generated 1,000 messages, most newspaper
stories, within the past 14 days.  A few of you have suggested I limit
messages or particular posters, but more have said they are happy they
can get the stories all in one place by e-mail.

I'm hanging in with the present system.  It is my hope for Haiti that this
crisis will subside and that another such "rush to fame" won't happen for
a long time to come.  It seems that the only time Haiti is in the news
this much is when there is some great misery in the nation.

Nothing like this happened in regard to the historic bicentennial. Only
blood and death and political turmoil seems to generate this sort of
interest in Haiti.

But, forward we go.....

Bob