20013: NJStarr: Many Haitians-American will not vote Democrat.. (fwd)

From: NJSTARR <derrickj66@yahoo.com>

There appears to be a growing number of Haitian-Americans who have already made up their mind about voting for George W. Bush at this coming November election. I am sure, many of the list members share these views.
Their decision has been based on the latest events in Haiti where the Republican American government decided to no longer support in power the former Haitian dictator, J.B Aristide.
Though the Bush administration has ignored Haiti, but they have finally realized that a solution for Haiti has to start without Aristide in power.

As far as the democrats are concerned, they are showing the world that all they care about is  that Aristide remains in power at any cost.They show no shame in their total commitment to Aristide who had botched democracy in Haiti and had made a mokery of the Haitian people.

    Where was the Congressional Black Caucus  for the past 10 years? where were Maxine Waters, Randall, Jesse etc.. when Aristide was virtually turning Haiti into a drug trafficker's Haven?
   Where was the Black Caucus when the opposition was relentlessly asking for Aristide to do another election?
   Where was the Black Caucus when Aristide was allowing his supporters to terrorize the population of Port-au-Prince by daily kidnappings?
   Where was the Black Caucus when the Aristide government was using two third of  Haiti's national budget for his personal protection?
   Where was the Black Caucus when Aristide was arming his numerous gangs to terrorize the opposition and the rest of the population who dared defy him?

Now, it seems that the Democrats are showing so much interest in Arisitde, while Haiti is left in a state of chaos and despair?

Regarding the recent congressional hearing called by the Black Caucus regarding Aristide supposed Kidnapping, instead why did not they call a hearing on how to help educate the Haitian people, how to help develop Haiti resources, how to help establish security in Haiti so Haitians abroad can return to help out the country.

How can anyone one who is educated can stand up and defend Aristide? All of these Aristide defenders exhibit such a blatant disregard for moral decency and a total disregard for Haiti's Right to prosper.

Oh, I think we all know thew reason why all these Back Caucus members are so irate......Most Haitian people know the reason as well and they will always remember it...

The answer: "They all were on Aristide's payroll"

They realize their generous benefactor is no longer in office and they will try everything to bring him back.

 During the last election, Al Gore lost Florida by about 540 votes, this November with so many Haitians willing to vote for George W. Bush, I am sure the Democrats will be loosing many votes because of these latest events.

It is about that that we, Haitian-American, let our congress man/woman know that we can no longer be ignored and we will be using our votes this coming election to let them know that Haiti deserves more than that!

It might be too late for the Democrats to redeem themselves to the Haitian people.

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than to attempt nothing at all and succeed"