20074: Corbett via Kathleen: Re: 20056: (Chamberlain) Aristide defiant, calls for peaceful resistance: Re: Ives' earlier post

>      By Andrew Gray
>
>      BANGUI, March 8 (Reuters) - Ousted Haitian President Jean-Bertrand
> Aristide appealed from exile in Africa on Monday for peaceful resistance to
> what he called the "occupation" of Haiti and insisted he had been abducted
> by U.S. forces.

>From Corbett:  Kathleen called my attention to the fact that if we read
down to the very bottom of this post we read:

>      A group of Aristide supporters from the United States met him on
> Monday, a day after being refused access.

It is only Monday, and it may well be that Kim Ives is still in Africa or
in transit and hasn't had any chance to get to e-mail.  However, given his
earlier charge that Aristide was kidnapped, and having claimed direct
information to that effect, I think all on the list would be appreciative
if Kim could report what the group he was with discovered when they were
finally allowed in to see Aristide, or is Gray's report mistaken?