20126: Esser: Re: 20115: Nealy: RE: 20064 (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

Did the U.S. pressure the "Haitian Opposition" or did the threaten
President Aristide? If the U.S. government would have preferred the
Caricom plan they could have used their military to precisely that
effect, did they? The stated goal, and I can get the quotes if you
like, was to put Aristide on a plane, dead or alive. The U.S.
government did not even try to hide the fact, he became a persona non
grata for Powell, Bush and whoever else is setting the foreign policy
in Washington D.C.

David Nealy writes:

...Do you really think that the US administration wanted to have
another military
intervention in this election year, with the commitments in Iraq and
Afghanistan in preference to a plan for power sharing in Haiti? I
don't. In any case, you don't call that a fact, do you? My original E
mail stressed getting the FACTS right. I still maintain that's
important. What facts (evidence) do you have to support those
suppositions?