20182: Labrom: Re New Government (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Several points:

1)	Good news about Gerard Latortue - he sounds like he has good
experience to offer as a Prime Minister. He stated this morning that he
wanted to build a government based on national unity.
2)	Does anyone know if the Council of 'Sage' have a say in the
choosing of the Govt?  Or is their work now more or less finished?
3)	I hope that people don't discount any previous Ministers in the
govt. just because they were under Aristide. A foreign friend of mine
said, 'well they're tainted' - but I don't happen to agree with that
statement. Because to my mind Leslie Voltaire would make a great
Minister of Tourism. When he was in MHAV he kept his head down, didn't
get involved in politics (from
what I could see) and did what his job asked him to do.  The Diaspora
have great respect for him and in many ways he did more for Tourism than
the then Min. of Tourism.
4)	About 3 or 4 years ago the Corbett List made up a Dream Team for
Govt. I would love for Corbeteers to do that again - I'm sure you all
have your opinions about who would make a good Minister for such and
such Dept. I name Leslie Voltaire first for Tourism!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753