20190: Hess: Re: 20174: (Hermantin)Miami-Herald-GERARD LATORTUE (fwd)

From: DougRHess@aol.com

"Is an avid book collector whose
library includes coveted editions of Haitian history.<<<

Does that mean he fears cat burglary from Bob Corbett?

[Corbett adds:  Probably not. My collection is primarily in English.
Now, if he has a few rare English language books on Haiti which I don't
have, well, then he'd best have very secure locks. :)  ]

More seriously, it drives me nuts that people keep calling Leslie Manigat
president. I don't recall anybody thinking of his "presidency" as anything more
than a joke. The VOA website actually put president in front of Manigat's name,
but only mister in front of Aristide's name.

Doug Hess
Ph.D. Student,
School of Public Policy & Administration,
George Washington University

Home address:
2114 N St., NW Apt. 23
Washington, DC 20037