20499: Dorce: Re: 20493: Goodman: Re: 20464: radtimes: (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 3/17/04 4:55:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, Brian Goodman
<bdgoody2002@yahoo.com> writes:

<< This is the typical hogwash that gets posted on here lately.  This was
agreat site where you could get information and news on Haiti.. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
And this is rich.  I come to the Corbett List to get news I can't get from
mainstream newspapers and TV news programs.  Thank heaven for Bob Corbett who
posts it all.  I should think Mr. Goodman, or should I use your device of
diminishing those you disagree with (for example,"Titid", and not in the
affectionate tone of those who like him) and call you Goodie, that you would recognize
those names who post news you find distasteful, skip them and go on to the ones
that make you feel happy and safe in your patriotic world, no matter what the
truth is.  People who can't stand to look at what their govenment is really
doing remind me of the Germans in WWII.  Are you sure you want to live with
whatever your government does, no matter what?  If all I want is red, white and
blue feel good news, I can read my own newspapers or those posted by
Chamberlain.  I know what's happening and it's up to the American people to put their
foot down.  We do not have to support bad policies that hurt people to make a few
people some money.  If you think poor Haitians haven't been hurt by US
policy, you are dreaming.  It's not Anti-American.....unless you are part of the
foreign policy of this administration.  America IS the people of this country not
just the government.  I think many people are confused by this.  And with
this latest fiasco of this horrible administration, it may seem like those of us
who dare to criticize the Bush group are anti-everything, as someone said to
me recently.  But this is not true.  I believe we are very positive in our
beliefs.  We are for a lot of things that benefit all people but this government
is not for those things and we must stand up and be counted.  Or the rest of
the country will continue to be lulled into a happy dreamstate, filled with
Walmarts and SUVs, oblivious to the actions of their government in Haiti and
elsewhere.

Do you believe the US withheld aid and loans (not even from the US but from
other sources), effectively starving an already starving poor majoritiy of
Haitians so that they would abandon Aristide?

Do you believe the US, in the guise of the IRI and USAID, financially and
otherwise supported the unpopular opposition in their various permutations, even
though they consistantly refused to participate in the Haitian government?

Do you believe that the US government, seeing the support coming from CARICOM
and South Africa, decided they couldn't wait for the people to abandon
Aristide so they went in and took him out?  If you do not believe this, then why
would he go to a place he didn't want to go and why was he held a virtual
prisoner until an embarrassing group of patriotic Americans demanded to see him?
Cedras got to go to Panama...that's the same hemisphere with Haiti... where he
lives in luxury today.  His house in Haiti was not only spared but the US rented
it for $2,000 a month.  Nice deal for a criminal.  Aristide's home was
allowed to be trashed within hours of his departure.  How do you explain this?  The
US was just trying to HELP??

I am every bit as disgusted as you are with the hogwash I have to sift
through to get to the real news, but apparently we see things completely
differently.  I've asked before and I will ask again.  A person may not like Aristide,
but they don't have to sneer his nickname everytime they refer to him.  It is
offensive and weakens the argument.

A Patriotic American,

Kathy Dorce~