20552: O'Brien: Pax Christi Prayer for the People of Haiti (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

Pax Christi USA, the national Roman Catholic peace organization, has
released the following prayer for the people of Haiti:

A Prayer for the People of Haiti

"The harvest of justice is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace."
James 3:18

Out of the depths we cry to You, O God.

We cry to You for our Haitian sisters and brothers.

We thank You for upholding them in their suffering.

Give them continuing strength and comfort.

Give us love and courage to stand with them and work with them as they
struggle for

justice and freedom.

Keep us committed to the truth and empower us with Your Spirit of love;

- a love that always sees possibilities for peace founded on
justice;

- a love that seeks justice without vengeance and retaliation;

- a love that reaches out to enemies, as Jesus taught us.

We trust in Your continuing mercy as we bring to You our own desire to be
in
active

solidarity with our Haitian brothers and sisters.

O Lespri Sen desaan sou nou; nou gen youn misyon pou Ayiti.

(O Holy Spirit descend on us; we have a mission for Haiti.)

Amen.

Source: Pax Christi USA Prayer Card - Item No. 548-214 - Available from Pax
Christi USA at www.paxchristiusa.org or 814-453-4955, ext, 231

--- Martha O'Brien
--- mmcpeob@earthlink.net