20547: Antoine: Re: 20513: Esser: Constitutionality in Haiti (fwd)

From: Guy S. Antoine <webmaster@haitiforever.com>

Warning: The following may be interpreted as a ringing
endorsement of the presidency of Jean-Bertrand Aristide,
so if you want to keep your revolutionary souls pure of
any corruptive influence, please do not read any further.

Esser asked:
"If, Aristide is not the duly elected President, as the U.S.
 sponsored government claims, is the new executive
 not bound by the frame work of the Haitian constitution?"

You know, Esser, in Haiti there is a saying: "Konstitisyon
se papye, bayonèt se fè" (Constitution is made of paper,
bayonets are made of iron).  The anointed President of the
U.S. has declared for all of us to hear:
***THE HAITIAN CONSTITUTION IS WORKING,***
after having strong-armed President Aristide into leaving
office, a fact readily acknowledged even by Brian Goodman
who thinks that Haitians should be kissing American butt
forever.

Ever since September 11, 2001the world has been living
under the wrath of a U.S. government that until that fateful
day, had a very hard time establishing its own legitimacy,
since it had not received a majority of the votes cast by
U.S. voters across the nation, and whose pivotal "Florida
victory" will be forever tainted in the history books, since
investigative reporters have established that, quite aside
the faulty polling machines,  thousands of "black people"
were deemed ineligible to vote due to records "erroneously
classified" as "serving time in jail" and therefore ineligible
to vote.

Yes, folks, here's a future Ripley's "believe it or not":
Even when, according to lore, Haitian journalists
"all across" the country "objectively" and "independently"
reported (using the most modern statistical techniques
known to mankind, with a sampling error rate of less
than 100%) that only 10% of Haiti's eligible voters
bothered at all to vote, it remains that a majority of
those Haitian voters, who had absolutely nothing better
to do on a Sunday morning but to go and vote, did in
fact vote for Aristide, whereas G.W. Bush would not
at all have become president, if not for his majority
black constituency on the U.S. Supreme Court, among
other dubiously democratic and democratically dubious
factors.

Today, I have a son in the U.S. Army who is willing to
give his life to protect the Constitution of the United
States of America and his father's freedom to speak his
mind, without having to kiss the butt of his fellow
Americans who have "bent over backwards to help the
miserable Haitian people".   Today, I speak to you as
an American citizen of Haitian origins, who is fed up
with the notion that Haitian people should not be
COUNTED when choosing (or throwing out) their
leaders and that we need the paternalistic benevolence
of a Brian Goodman or a Bush/Powell/Rice/Reich,
a Noriega/Curran/Foley, or a Villepin/Gaudeul to set
for us the date of our liberation and the manner of our
governance.

The U.S. President tells us that "THE HAITIAN
CONSTITUTION IS WORKING,"  forgetting to add
"as it has ALWAYS worked: one takes from it whatever
lines fit your particular agenda, and discard whatever
else."  If it means regime change through an armed
rebellion, so be it!  If it means elections when enough
time will have passed for the return of the Haitian Army,
which is the usual GUARANTOR of U.S. interests in
Haiti and the PROTECTOR of the electoral process,
as ably demonstrated in 1987, then what is the rush?
When the last hand in Site Solèy will have been raised
to mimic the number 5, then a U.S. backed army will
deem it safe for Haitians to vote again, and this will
be done in at least 45 days but no more than 90 days
of a wink from the U.S. government.

In the meantime, I am not "begging", I am demanding
that MY federal governor keep U.S. soldiers busy
distributing potable water, food, medicine, seed,
technical knowledge to the Haitian population each
and every day that Washington deems it necessary
for them to stay there.  That is the price of redemption
for occupying a country.  Do it each and every day
and the Haitian people may come to appreciate your
presence, but continue to "disappear" them and see if
you will not end up radicalizing a peace-loving people.
As though that's what we need today in "America's
backyard".

If I were to beg the Emperor, it would only be for
sending my son to Haiti in lieu of Iraq, if He deems
it essential to put him in harm's way for the greater
security of the United States of America.

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti
http://haitiforever.com

"THE HAITIAN CONSTITUTION IS WORKING."
Glad to know that George W. Bush has read it.
Hopefully Powell handed him a newer version than
the draft by Franklin D. Roosevelt. Since it is working,
we should rightfully expect new elections in short order.
Little problem: How to sell it to the Haitian voter. Will
it be 1 year out of 5, 3 years out of 5, 10 years out of 5,
or relative perpetuity?

And you will need observers: CARICOM has just been
voted out, but a suitable replacement will be found;
security (no problem, U.S. and France happen to be
there); and consultants: bring on Kathleen Harris, and
James Baker -- that is if they are not needed full time
in Florida, and the incomparable Cruella Deville from
the Orlando Democracy Project.