20595: Vishnusurf: soccer

From: VISHNUSURF@aol.com

This article is from Soccer America's online newsletter. I thought it would
interest folks on the corbett list. Peguero was indeed fantastic versus the
USA, but I was even more impressed by Descollines. Something to cheer about,
anyway, for a change:

1. HAITIAN AUDITION: Jean Phillippe Peguero, who played for Haiti against the
USA last Saturday, is due to arrive today for a trial with the Rapids.

Peguero, 23, holds a green card and thus is exempt from league restrictions
on international players. He plays in Haiti for Don Bosco.

"He didn't have many chances but he showed some ability to hold the ball and
was up against [Eddie] Pope and [Carlos Bocanegra]," said Colorado coach Tim
Hankinson, whose team was in Spain last weekend and didn't see the USA-Haiti
game until this week. "We'll see how he does and how he fits in with the group
and should know more in a week or so."