20606: Hess: Re: 20551: LOCCM: Re: 20534: Racine125@aol.com - A new Vodou phenomenon...... (fwd)

From: DougRHess@aol.com

LOCCM@aol.com writes:
>>Irrespective of differences in cultures or beliefs,
chicanery is despicable wheather it is practiced by unscrupulous television
evangelists or any other person, especially when it involves the very poor in
any
culture. <<

Considering that Christian ministers in Haiti have easier access to other
Christian pastors than voudon hougans, I would encourage efforts focusing on
corruption and abuse in those denominations before looking to the voudons. It is
amazing to me how many foreign pastors in Haiti live like elites (big car, big
house, servants, soda on the verandas while maids do their laundry) by using
their newsletters, etc. to earn some donations from overseas, when these same
pastors would end up having to work part time jobs in the US to even have a
tiny storefront church. Please note that I'm not saying you're in this category,
but that this is a crowd that should be targeted by anti-chicanery campaigns.

-Doug