20664: Wilson: Re: 20606: Hess: Re: 20551: LOCCM: Re: 20534: Racine125@aol.com - A new Vodou phenomenon...... (fwd)

From: Richard Wilson <riwilson_6442@msn.com>

I worked training Haitian pastors for five years and few had the access described below.  Those who did were educated in the U.S. and built a support network there.  Of those I knew one worked in Cite Soleil running a church, clinic, and school two others worked with the upper middle classes as a constituency in the belief that it is necessary to influence the decision makers.  One young pastor who graduated from our school chose to work in a rural area and built an irrigation and farm system school, and clinic where there had been none.  It is a fallacy to paint everyone with a jaded brush.

Richard Wilson