20676: Antoine: Re: 20629: (Chamberlain) Latortue praises rebels (fwd)

From: Guy S. Antoine <webmaster@haitiforever.com>

Quote:
Aristide finally had Metayer arrested last year after months of pressure
from the OAS, which demanded he be tried for allegedly burning homes of
opponents. Gang members rammed a tractor into the prison to free him in
September, and Metayer's bullet-riddled and mutilated body was found days
later. [End of quote]

Whoa, Nellie! (can I borrow the expression, Kathy?)

I am not usually that picky, but the chronology related in this AP
story, from the "mainstream press" and forwarded by Greg Chamberlain,
made me a bit dizzy: what year? which September? and how many days later?

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti
http://haitiforever.com